Paradise Helicopters - Oahu Magnum Experience
Departing from the helipad at Turtle Bay on Oahu’s North Shore, this tour takes you on the same exciting route seen in the opening sequence of Magnum, P.I. Fly offshore above the ocean as you cruise past iconic Waikiki Beach. You’ll get to see all the top attractions around Oahu, including great aerial views of the beaches on the North Shore, Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial, Waikiki and Diamond Head. Another highlight of this tour is the breathtaking sight of Sacred Falls on Oahu’s east shore. It’s a spectacular 1,000-foot cascade that can only be seen from the air.
- Fly in replica "The Chopper" helicopter from Magnum, P.I.
- Oahu’s North Shore and its many big wave surfing beaches
- Pearl Harbor, home to the Arizona Memorial
- Diamond Head Crater
- Sacred Falls – beautiful waterfall is inaccessible from the ground
- Low level flight off the Waikiki shoreline
- Enjoy spectacular views at an exclusive landing zone (additional fee applies)
- Two-way communication between you and your pilot
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
Doors off option: Make it EXTREME! Fly Doors Off! If you select this option your helicopter flight will be with open doors.
Landing option: This upgrade includes a landing at an exclusive location near Kualoa Ranch on Oahu’s windward coast. Spend 25 minutes on a scenic ridge, enjoying the views of the valley and surrounding mountains. Many popular Hollywood movies and TV shows have been filmed here, including Jurassic Park, 50 First Dates and LOST. If selecting this add-on, it must be purchased by all passengers on board.
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Capacity Surcharge: A Capacity Surcharge is required for
passengers weighing between 266 lbs and 300 lbs (120-136 kg) at
check-in. A window seat is guaranteed with the Capacity
Surcharge. If you did not select the Capacity Surcharge at booking
and weigh between these amounts at check-in, you will still be
charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: An Extra Seat Charge is required for
passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) at check-in. A window
seat and an empty seat next to you is guaranteed with an Extra
Seat Charge. If you did not select the Extra Seat Charge at
booking and weigh over 300 lbs (136 kg) at check-in, you will
still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Where and When:
- Morning and afternoon departures available. The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from the Turtle Bay Resort Helipad
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers weighing between 266-300 lbs (120-136 kg) will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge. Passengers paying the Capacity Surcharge will be guaranteed a window seat. Passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of two (2) AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- Approx. 60 minutes
- 4 passengers
- McDonnell Douglas 500 helicopter. There are two passengers in the front with the pilot and two passengers in the back.
Paradise Helicopters has been a leader in helicopter safety since their founding in 1997. They actively work to identify and mitigate risk and use best practices for all operations. This includes using FAA-approved seat belts with quick releases on their flights as well as conducting specific passenger safety training prior to each flight. In the past five years, Paradise Helicopters established a robust Safety Management System and has completed the International Business Aviation Council’s Stage 2 certification. In 2016, Paradise became the first air-tour company in the world to be certified by Helicopter Association International’s Accreditation Program of Safety (HAI-APS) for Air Tour Operations.