Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Oahu Spectacular
December 15, 2020 to January 3, 2021
June 13, 2021 to August 21, 2021
December 13, 2021 to January 2, 2022
***You MUST call or email to make a reservation for the above dates. The rates during this season are higher
and require a reservation be made with a Hawaii Discount agent. If you
are unable to call, please email us and an agent will be happy to set
up a reservation for you.***
Departing from the Ko Olina resort area in West Oahu, this helicopter tour includes all the top sights around the island. Starting with great aerial views of historic Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial, your tour then takes you over the sandy shores of world-famous Waikiki Beach and on to Diamond Head Crater.
You’ll round the island’s southeastern tip and continue on along Oahu’s windward coast, where soon you’ll be able to see beautiful Kaneohe Bay with its many sandbars and coral reefs and Chinaman’s Hat Island. On the north shore, you’ll fly over the big wave surfing Beaches of Sunset Beach and Waimea Bay before heading back south over the Dole Pineapple Plantation.
- Oahu south shore sights: Pearl Harbor, Waikiki Beach, Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, Sandy Beach
- Oahu east shore sights: Kaneohe Bay, Chinaman's Hat Island, Ko’olau Mountain Range, Sacred Falls
- Oahu north shore sights: Turtle Bay, big wave surfing beaches, Dole Plantation
- Bose aviation-grade noise-canceling headsets
- Two-way communication between you and your Blue Hawaiian pilot
- Front Row Seating Add-on guarantees front row seating for the guest. Please note the restrictions listed below for this add-on.
Please note: Some Ko Olina resorts may offer a shuttle to the Ko Olina Marina. Please contact your resort to see if they can arrange transportation for you.
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing usually at 9:00 am
Afternoon: departing usually at 2:00 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Ko Olina Marina, 92-100 Waipahe Place, Kapolei, HI 96707. View Map
There are 2 parking lots, the right hand side is free to the public on a first come first serve basis. The parking lot to the left is the Marina's parking and price is subject to marina rates.
Driving Directions from Waikiki:
Take H-1 freeway west for approximately 25 miles. H-1 becomes HI 93. After 2 miles take exit on right toward Ko Olina (Aliinui Drive). Continue along Aliinui Drive for another mile. Turn right onto Waipahe Pl (just after Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club). We are located at the end of the road on the right side of the parking lot.
Driving Directions from the North Shore:
Take H-2 freeway south to H-1 freeway west bound (exit 1B). H-1 becomes HI 93. After 2 miles take exit on right toward Ko Olina (Aliinui Drive). Continue along Aliinui Drive for another mile. Turn right onto Waipahe Pl (just after Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club). We are located at the end of the road on the right side of the parking lot.
Ko'olina Hawaii (not affiliated with Blue Hawaiian or Hawaii Discount) does offer complimentary shuttle services to guests staying in the Ko Olina area. Their schedule is available here. If you use this shuttle please ensure you give extra time to make sure you are at the terminal by the required check in time.
- Tour routes and sights visited may vary according to wind and weather conditions.
For each passenger weighing 250+ pounds (113 kg), an adjacent empty seat is required to safely balance the aircraft and requires an additional surcharge equal to 1/2 ticket price.
The Federal Aviation Administration requires that each each passenger is weighed prior to departure. This weigh-in process is very discrete when you check in. Any significant variance in the weights provided and actual scale weight could result in flight delays or possible cancellation.
Front Row Seating Add-on Restrictions:
Combined Front Row seat weight must be under 470 lbs and individual passenger weights must be under 260 lbs. Should the actual weights at check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and allowed a refund for the upgrade fee.
Front Row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation. NO LAP CHILDREN IN FRONT ROW. In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors. Chair lifts are can only access the rear row seats, therefore guests requiring a chair lift cannot be accommodated in the front row.
You MUST have with you:
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- 60 minutes
- 6 passengers
- The Eco-Star is significantly quieter than the standard A-Star touring helicopter and offers 23% more interior space and over 60 square feet of viewing glass for 180 degree unobstructed views. The Eco-Star also has individual seats for every passenger that afford the kind of shoulder room and personal space found in airline "First Class" seating. The ECO-Star is the first helicopter specifically designed for touring, utilizing the latest aircraft and avionics technologies.