Sunshine Helicopters - Hana / Haleakala Special
This Maui helicopter tour with Sunshine Helicopters takes you above Central Maui and the world’s largest dormant volcano, Haleakala. You’ll enjoy spectacular views of its immense moonlike crater. The tour then continues on to the remote “back side” of the island, where you’ll see Hana town and the Seven Sacred Pools. The rainforest surrounding Hana extends for over 180 square miles, making it the largest tropical rainforest in the nation! On your return flight, you’ll also see the world-famous windsurfing beach Ho’okipa.
Flight Includes: Ground briefing, complimentary coffee, personally narrated tour, air-conditioning, choreographed CD music through stereophonic headsets with volume control. You can also purchase the pilot-narrated video of your actual flight on DVD.
- Mount Haleakala and its huge crater
- East Maui
- Hana town
- Tropical rainforest and waterfalls
- Ho'okipa Beach
Open Seating: Maximum of 6 seats per flight. Seat assignment is determined by weight and balance.
First Class Seating: Maximum of 2 seats per flight. Passengers enjoy First Class seating next to pilot, with extra arm and leg room. Maximum combined weight limit for two passengers on FX STAR First Class is 400 lbs (181 kg) and Whisper STAR First Class is 490 lbs (222 kg).
- Where and When:
- Morning, mid-day and afternoon departure times. The exact departure time for your preferred timeframe will be specified on your voucher.
Departs from Hangar #3 at Kahului Heliport, 1 Lelepio Place, Kahului HI 96732 View Map
View Driving Directions
- Weight Restrictions:
FX Star: Passengers over 240 lbs (108 kg) or a combined weight of over 400 lbs (181 kg) for 2 passengers may require the purchase of a comfort seat.
WhisperSTAR: First class guarantee of front seat is limited to 290 lbs (131 kg) or a combined weight of 490 lbs (222 kg) for 2 passengers. Open seating over 290 lbs (131 kg) may require the purchase of a comfort seat.
All passengers are weighed at check-in. If given weight is substantially lower than actual weight, you may get bumped from the flight, but still have to pay for the seat.
If requesting first class seating for a minor, one of the passengers in first class must be over 16 and traveling with the minor.
A valid government issued photo I.D. is required.
Flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather conditions.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
- Operation Days:
- Daily except Sunday
- 45 minutes
- 6 passengers
- FX STAR: The industry standard FX Star, known as "Black Beauty," has all forward facing customized bench style seats giving excellent visibility. Sunshine Helicopters has flown over 850,000 satisfied passengers in their "Black Beauties" since 1985. The ASTAR 350FX features Bose aviation headsets, an air-conditioned cabin and oversized panoramic windows.
WhisperSTAR: The EC 130 B4 WhisperSTAR is the ultimate in sightseeing helicopters. More interior room, more visibility with added plexiglass and elevated rear seats. Sunshine Helicopters customizes the standard factory interior with business and first class seating to further enhance passenger comfort and visibility. Soar in the state-of-the-art WhisperSTAR and experience the quiet, ultra smooth and most advanced technological sightseeing helicopter ever.