Sunshine Helicopters - Circle Island Deluxe Tour
CHECK OUT OUR EARLY BIRD SPECIAL FOR FLIGHTS BEFORE 8:30 AM OR AFTER 2:00 PM!
This Maui circle island deluxe helicopter tour takes you to all of Maui’s top sights, including the West Maui Mountains, Haleakala Crater and the remote village of Hana in East Maui. Starting in West Maui, enjoy views of tall waterfalls and lush valleys. Weather permitting, highlights in this area include the “Wall of Tears,” featuring over 17 waterfalls, as well as Maui’s tallest waterfall, Honokohau Falls, a 1,100-foot cascade.
The tour then continues on to the Kaanapali and Kapalua resort area, from where you’ll fly down the coast to Lahaina, with its historic whaling harbor. As you get closer to Central Maui, you’ll see the vast sugarcane and pineapple fields in this region, framed by massive Mt. Haleakala, the largest dormant volcano in the world. Enjoy spectacular aerial views of Haleakala’s immense moonlike crater and its iron oxide cinder cones rising over 1,100 feet tall.
The flight then takes you to Maui’s remote “back side,” home to Hana village and the Seven Sacred Pools. You’ll fly over the largest rainforest in the United States, encompassing over 180 square miles along Maui’s northern shoreline.
Flight Includes: Ground briefing, complimentary coffee, personally narrated tour, air-conditioning, choreographed CD music through stereophonic headsets with volume control. You can also purchase the pilot-narrated video of your actual flight on DVD.
- West Maui Mountains, waterfalls and lush valleys
- Ka'anapali and Kapalua resorts
- Old Lahaina Town
- Launiupoko, Olowalu and Ukumehame valleys
- Central Maui's sugarcane and pineapple fields
- Haleakala – the world's largest dormant volcano
- Hana village in remote East Maui
- East Maui rainforest – largest rainforest in the United States
- Taro field of Ke'anae
- Ho'okipa windsurfing beach
Open Seating: Maximum of 6 seats per flight. Seat assignment is determined by weight and balance.
First Class Seating: Maximum of 2 seats per flight. Passengers enjoy First Class seating next to pilot, with extra arm and leg room. Maximum combined weight limit for two passengers on FX STAR First Class is 400 lbs (181 kg) and Whisper STAR First Class is 490 lbs (222 kg).
- Where and When:
- Early bird, morning, mid-day and afternoon departure times. The exact departure time for your preferred timeframe will be specified on your voucher.
Departs from Kahului Heliport, Hangar #107 View Map
View Driving Directions
- Weight Restrictions:
FX Star: Passengers over 240 lbs (108 kg) or a combined weight of over 400 lbs (181 kg) for 2 passengers may require the purchase of a comfort seat.
WhisperSTAR: First class guarantee of front seat is limited to 290 lbs (131 kg) or a combined weight of 490 lbs (222 kg) for 2 passengers. Open seating over 290 lbs (131 kg) may require the purchase of a comfort seat.
All passengers are weighed at check-in. If given weight is substantially lower than actual weight, you may get bumped from the flight, but still have to pay for the seat.
If requesting first class seating for a minor, one of the passengers in first class must be over 16 and traveling with the minor.
A valid government issued photo I.D. is required.
Flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather conditions.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
- Operation Days:
- 60-70 minutes
- 6 passengers
- FX STAR: The industry standard FX Star, known as "Black Beauty," has all forward facing customized bench style seats giving excellent visibility. Sunshine Helicopters has flown over 850,000 satisfied passengers in their "Black Beauties" since 1985. The ASTAR 350FX features Bose aviation headsets, an air-conditioned cabin and oversized panoramic windows.
WhisperSTAR: The EC 130 B4 WhisperSTAR is the ultimate in sightseeing helicopters. More interior room, more visibility with added plexiglass and elevated rear seats. Sunshine Helicopters customizes the standard factory interior with business and first class seating to further enhance passenger comfort and visibility. Soar in the state-of-the-art WhisperSTAR and experience the quiet, ultra smooth and most advanced technological sightseeing helicopter ever.