Air Maui - West Maui & Molokai Helicopter Tour
This is the perfect helicopter tour if you are looking for waterfalls and more waterfalls! Enjoy spectacular aerial views of the West Maui Mountains and then head over to the neighbor island of Molokai, home to the world’s tallest sea cliffs. Lush valleys and waterfalls cascading down vertical sea cliffs make for breathtaking views. The isolation of these remote landscapes is an added bonus. Molokai's remote north shore is inaccessible from land and can only be seen from the air.
- West Maui Mountains
- Molokai's isolated north shore
- Waterfalls, lush valleys and tall sea cliffs
Great Maui Views
Air Maui Tour
West Maui and Molokai Helicopter Tour
- Where and When:
- Morning, mid-day and afternoon departure times. The exact departure time for your preferred timeframe will be specified on your voucher.
Departs from Kahului Heliport, Hangar #110 View Map
From Lahaina/Kaanapali/Kapalua area (allow 60-70 minutes drive time):
Take Hwy 30 to Hwy. 380. Stay straight as 380 turns in to Airport Access Road. Stay in right hand lane and turn right on Hwy 36 Hana Hwy. Drive 2 miles to Hwy 37 (Haleakala Hwy). Turn left and drive straight into Heliport. Air Maui is the last hangar.
From Kihei/Wailea area (allow 30-45 minutes drive time):
Take Hwy 31 to Hwy 311 (Mokulele hwy.) Turn right on Ho'okele St. Drive for about 2 miles and turn right on to Hwy 36 (Hana Hwy). Drive about a mile and turn left on Hwy 37 (Haleakala Hwy). Drive 2 blocks. The heliport is straight ahead. Air Maui is the last hangar.
- Weight limit per passenger is 240 pounds (108 kg) or a combined weight of 420 pounds per couple (190 kg).
All guests are weighed at check-in. Please ensure accurate weights are provided when booking. For guests exceeding the weight limit an additional seat must be purchased. This is for the safety and comfort of all passengers. In cases where there is a big weight discrepancy, there is a chance that someone may need to stay behind with no refund on seat.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
Physical Needs: Wheelchairs can be wheeled to the helicopter but there is no lift into the helicopters and due to liability policies staff cannot assist guest climbing into the helicopter. Guests companion can assist them up, it's an estimated foot up onto the skid and another foot up into the seat of the helicopter. Wheelchairs will stay at the office during flight.
Air Maui offers the following optional media packages (rates subject to change without notice):
Video thumb drive and pre-boarding photo: $60 (cash) or $74.95 (credit card)
Pre-boarding photo: $20 (cash) or $20.83 (credit card)
- Operation Days:
- 55-60 minutes
- 6 passengers
- The American Eurocopter ASTAR helicopter is ideal for sightseeing. It features all forward facing seating and unobstructed 180 degree views from every seat. The helicopter has air-conditioning, a roomy cabin and leather seats. Noise reducing headsets are provided for every passenger. The helicopter is also equipped with a video system that records all the great sights of your tour, along with your pilot's narrations and background music, all on HD on a USB flash drive.