Air Maui - Doors Off Molokai
This Maui helicopter tour with Air Maui is truly unique in that you’ll be flying with open doors! Feel the wind in your hair and enjoy fantastic views as you soar over the islands of Maui and Molokai. With nothing between you and the views, you’ll be able to see the sights in the best way possible and have plenty of great photo opportunities. This tour takes you over waterfalls, lush rainforests, tall sea cliffs and remote beaches. Many of these places are inaccessible from the ground and can only be seen from the air.
- Helicopter tour with open doors
- Views of lush valleys and tall peaks of the West Maui Mountains
- World’s tallest sea cliffs of Molokai's remote north shore
Doors Off Molokai Tour
- Where and When:
- Morning, mid-day and afternoon departure times. The exact departure time for your preferred timeframe will be specified on your voucher.
Departs from Kahului Heliport, Hangar #110 View Map
From Lahaina/Kaanapali/Kapalua area (allow 60-70 minutes drive time):
Take Hwy 30 to Hwy. 380. Stay straight as 380 turns in to Airport Access Road. Stay in right hand lane and turn right on Hwy 36 Hana Hwy. Drive 2 miles to Hwy 37 (Haleakala Hwy). Turn left and drive straight into Heliport. Air Maui is the last hangar.
From Kihei/Wailea area (allow 30-45 minutes drive time):
Take Hwy 31 to Hwy 311 (Mokulele hwy.) Turn right on Ho'okele St. Drive for about 2 miles and turn right on to Hwy 36 (Hana Hwy). Drive about a mile and turn left on Hwy 37 (Haleakala Hwy). Drive 2 blocks. The heliport is straight ahead. Air Maui is the last hangar.
- Passengers must be at least 10 years of age. An adult must accompany children 10-17 years old.
Weight limit per passenger is 240 pounds (108 kg) or a combined weight of 420 pounds per couple (190 kg).
All guests are weighed at check-in. Please ensure accurate weights are provided when booking. For guests exceeding the weight limit an additional seat must be purchased. This is for the safety and comfort of all passengers. In cases where there is a big weight discrepancy, there is a chance that someone may need to stay behind with no refund on seat.
No cameras, hats, bags, or any loose items allowed on board.
Only a cell phone is allowed on board. Air Maui will provide a lanyard case for passengers' cell phone that will be attached to them during flight.
Passengers must wear closed-toed shoes. No flip-flops or sandals. Long hair must be tied up at all times.
Air Maui will provide each passenger a flight suit that will be required for all passengers to wear during flight.
Cancellations: No refunds within 48 hours of flight. For groups of 12 or more, 7 days advance notice is required.
Flight routes and sights may vary due to weather conditions.
- Special Notes:
- Air Maui offers the following optional media packages (rates subject to change without notice):
Video thumb drive and pre-boarding photo: $60 (cash) or $74.95 (credit card)
Pre-boarding photo: $20 (cash) or $20.83 (credit card)
- Operation Days:
- 45 minutes
- 6 passengers
- The American Eurocopter ASTAR helicopter is ideal for sightseeing. It features all forward facing seating and unobstructed 180 degree views from every seat. The helicopter has a roomy cabin and leather seats. Noise reducing headsets are provided for every passenger. The helicopter is also equipped with a video system that records all the great sights of your tour, along with your pilot's narrations and background music, all on HD on a USB flash drive.