Sunshine Helicopters - Volcano Deluxe
CHECK OUT THE EARLY BIRD SPECIAL FOR THE 7:30 AM TOUR!
Departing from the Hapuna Heliport, this Big Island helicopter tour focuses on the island’s volcanoes and the spectacular sights around the Kohala Mountains and Hamakua Coast and rainforest.
Enjoy spectacular aerial views of Kilauea’s fiery lava vents, the most active volcano in the world. The tour then continues on to lush tropical valleys and the Kohala Mountains, featuring dozens of waterfalls. Then fly over the Hamakua Coast and its vast rainforest, a stark contrast to the black lava fields around the volcano.
The tour includes a ground safety briefing, pilot’s personal narration, choreographed music recorded on live digital video and complimentary coffee. After your flight you may purchase the pilot-narrated video of your actual flight on DVD.
- Kohala Mountains
- Kilauea volcano
- Hamakua Coast and rainforest
Open Seating: Maximum of 6 seats per flight. Seat assignment is determined by weight and balance.
First Class Seating: Maximum of 2 seats per flight. Passengers enjoy First Class seating next to pilot, with extra arm and leg room. Maximum combined weight limit for two passengers is 490 lbs (222 kg).
Volcano Helicopter Tour
Big Island Waterfalls
- Where and When:
- Early bird and morning departure times. The exact departure time for your preferred timeframe will be specified on your voucher.
Departs from Hapuna Heliport View Map
View Driving Directions
- First class guarantee of front seat is limited to 290 lbs (131 kg) or a combined weight of 490 lbs (222 kg) for 2 passengers. Open seating over 290 lbs (131 kg) may require the purchase of a comfort seat.
All passengers are weighed at check-in. If given weight is substantially lower than actual weight, you may get bumped from the flight, but still have to pay for the seat.
If requesting first class seating for a minor, one of the passengers in first class must be over 16 and traveling with the minor.
A valid government issued photo I.D. is required.
Flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather conditions.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
- Operation Days:
- 1 hour 45 minutes
- The EC 130 B4 WhisperSTAR is the ultimate in sightseeing helicopters. More interior room, more visibility with added plexiglass and elevated rear seats. Sunshine Helicopters customizes the standard factory interior with business and first class seating to further enhance passenger comfort and visibility. Soar in the state-of-the-art WhisperSTAR and experience the quiet, ultra smooth and most advanced technological sightseeing helicopter ever.