Sunshine Helicopters - Kohala / Hamakua Helicopter Tour
Departing from the Hapuna Heliport, you’ll fly over the beautiful Kohala Mountains and enjoy great aerial views of the South Kohala resorts. Fly past Waimea over the ranch lands of Kahua and Ponoholo en route to the lush rainforest of Hamakua. Other spectacular views in this region include the sea cliffs and remote valleys of Waipio, Pololu and Waimanu, where you’ll also get to see dozens of roaring waterfalls.
The helicopter tour includes a ground safety briefing, pilot's personal narration, choreographed music recorded on live digital video and complimentary coffee. You may purchase the pilot-narrated video of your actual flight on DVD.
- Kohala Mountains
- Tropical rainforest of Hamakua district
- Sea cliffs and lush valleys of Waipio, Pololu and Waimanu
- Dozens of roaring waterfalls
Open Seating: Maximum of 6 seats per flight. Seat assignment is determined by weight and balance.
First Class Seating: Maximum of 2 seats per flight. Passengers enjoy First Class seating next to pilot, with extra arm and leg room. Maximum combined weight limit for two passengers is 490 lbs (222 kg).
First Class Seating
- Where and When:
- Check in at 3:15 pm.
Tour departs at 4:00 pm from Hapuna Heliport View Map
View Driving Directions
- First class guarantee of front seat is limited to 290 lbs (131 kg) or a combined weight of 490 lbs (222 kg) for 2 passengers. Open seating over 290 lbs (131 kg) may require the purchase of a comfort seat.
All passengers are weighed at check-in. If given weight is substantially lower than actual weight, you may get bumped from the flight, but still have to pay for the seat.
If requesting first class seating for a minor, one of the passengers in first class must be over 16 and traveling with the minor.
A valid government issued photo I.D. is required.
Flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather conditions.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
- Operation Days:
- 40 minutes
- The EC 130 B4 WhisperSTAR is the ultimate in sightseeing helicopters. More interior room, more visibility with added plexiglass and elevated rear seats. Sunshine Helicopters customizes the standard factory interior with business and first class seating to further enhance passenger comfort and visibility. Soar in the state-of-the-art WhisperSTAR and experience the quiet, ultra smooth and most advanced technological sightseeing helicopter ever.