Paradise Helicopters - Volcano and Kohala Landing
Departing from the Kona International Airport, this is a 3 hour adventure that includes a helicopter tour of the Big Island and a landing at a gorgeous ridgetop overlook in the Kohala Mountains. Here you can spend an hour relaxing and/or exploring the Kohala Mountain ditch system via a short hike.
- Fly over historic Kailua Village, the world-famous Kona coffee belt, the intriguing south flank of Hualalai Volcano, the Pu'u O'o lava area and the valleys of Kohala
- See the Big Island's volcanoes, lush rainforests, waterfalls and black sand beaches
- Kohala landing site overlooks the valley and the ocean and is a beautiful picnic area
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for viewing and is separate from the other passengers. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions. Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing. If a guest doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing, please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing, but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note, the capacity surcharge already includes a window seat guarantee.
- Extra Seat Charge: For passengers weighing over 269 lbs (122
kg) an Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the
Extra Seat Charge and weigh over 269 lbs (122 kg) at check-in you
will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the
Volcano and Kohala Landing.jpg
Scenic Big Island Coastline
Smoking Crater of Halemaumau
Bell 407 Helicopter
- Where and When:
- Morning departure time. The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher.
Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of 2 AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Picnic food is not provided, but guests may bring their own food.
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Saturday
- Approx. 2 hours total flight time and 1 hour on the ground
- BELL 407 Helicopter, featuring a spacious, wide body cabin and oversized windows for an outstanding view.