Paradise Helicopters - Volcano and Kohala Landing
Departing from the Kona International Airport, this is a 3 hour adventure that includes a helicopter tour of the Big Island and a landing at a gorgeous ridgetop overlook in the Kohala Mountains. Here you can spend an hour relaxing and/or exploring the Kohala Mountain ditch system via a short hike.
- Fly over historic Kailua Village, the world-famous Kona coffee belt, the intriguing south flank of Hualalai Volcano, the Pu'u O'o lava area and the valleys of Kohala
- See the Big Island's volcanoes, lush rainforests, waterfalls and black sand beaches
- Kohala landing site overlooks the valley and the ocean and is a beautiful picnic area
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for viewing and is separate from the other passengers. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions. Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing. If a guest doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing, please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing, but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note, the capacity surcharge already includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A Capacity Surcharge is required for
passengers weighing between 266 lbs and 300 lbs (120-136 kg) at
check-in. A window seat is guaranteed with the Capacity Surcharge.
If you did not select the Capacity Surcharge and weigh between
these amounts at check-in you will still be charged directly by
Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136
kg) an Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the
Extra Seat Charge and weigh over 300 lbs (136 kg) at check-in you
will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the
- Transportation: Free round-trip transportation is available on a limited basis for guests in the Kona Coast area, Hapuna area and Keauhou area. Some exceptions may apply.
- PLEASE NOTE: Guests may have to wait a period of time to catch the return shuttles back to their pick-up locations. If you have other activities planned or don't wish to wait, you'll need to make other arrangements.
Volcano and Kohala Landing.jpg
Scenic Big Island Coastline
Smoking Crater of Halemaumau
Bell 407 Helicopter
- Where and When:
- Morning departure time. The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher.
Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
If you selected Kona side Transportation, exact pick up time and location will be emailed to you.
PLEASE NOTE: Guests may have to wait a period of time to catch the return shuttles back to their pick up locations. If you have other activities planned or don't wish to wait you'll need to make other arrangements.
All guest must be one of the following:
A resident who has been on island for 14 days or had a negative covid test in the past 72 hours.
A visitor who has either quarantined for 14 days (showing an airline ticket with an arrival date 14 days prior to flight) or show their participation in the pre-testing travel program (an accepted negative test result).
If you are experiencing any symptoms such as cough, fever, abnormal fatigue, or not feeling well please refrain from entering our facilities. Notify Paradise Helicopters immediately. If you are exhibiting symptoms upon check-in, you will be asked to postpone your flight.
Staff may ask to check your temperature.
Guests age 5 and older are required to wear a face mask during their time in and around Paradise Helicopter facilities.
Guests flying on a doors-off helicopter must wear a mask that fits tightly behind the ears to ensure it will not leave the aircraft during flight.
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
Children under the age of two (2) AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
Passengers weighing between 266-300 lbs (120-136 kg) will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge for Kona flights. Passengers paying the Capacity Surcharge will be guaranteed a window seat. Passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
During COVID Measures:
Any guest or staff who are not feeling well are required to stay home. If you are exhibiting symptoms upon check-in, you will be asked to postpone your flight. Staff may ask to check your temperature to ensure you are not exhibiting symptoms.
Guest age 5 years or older are required to wear a protective face mask (covering the nose and mouth) before, during and after the flight. Please let us know if you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask.
- Special Notes:
- Picnic food is not provided, but guests may bring their own food.
- Operation Days:
- Approx. 2 hours total flight time and 1 hour on the ground
- BELL 407 Helicopter, featuring a spacious, wide body cabin and oversized windows for an outstanding view.