Paradise Helicopters - Sunset Experience
Enjoy a Big Island helicopter tour around sunset time for some fantastic photo opportunities of the island in a golden late afternoon glow. Departing from Kona International Airport, this helicopter tour features views of spectacular beaches, the Kona and Kohala resort areas, Kohala Mountains, Halema'uma'u Crater (where lava glow might be seen) and more!
- Kona and Kohala coastline
- Kohala mountains and valleys with several waterfalls
- Mauna Loa, the word’s largest volcano
- Halema'uma'u Crater and lava (sightings are not guaranteed and entirely dependent on conditions)
- Black and green sand beaches
- Kealakekua Bay
- Sunset view
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for viewing the tour and is separate from the other passengers. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Capacity Surcharge: A Capacity Surcharge is required for
passengers weighing between 266 lbs and 300 lbs (120-136 kg) at
check-in. A window seat is guaranteed with the Capacity Surcharge.
If you did not select the Capacity Surcharge and weigh between
these amounts at check-in you will still be charged directly by
Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136
kg) an Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the
Extra Seat Charge and weigh over 300 lbs (136 kg) at check-in you
will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the
- Where and When:
- Late afternoon departure.
The exact departure time will be specified on your voucher. Flight time varies based on seasonal sunset time, but times are designed for the sunset to be the end of the tour. Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
All guest must be one of the following:
A resident who has been on island for 14 days or had a negative covid test in the past 72 hours.
A visitor who has either quarantined for 14 days (showing an airline ticket with an arrival date 14 days prior to flight) or show their participation in the pre-testing travel program (an accepted negative test result).
If you are experiencing any symptoms such as cough, fever, abnormal fatigue, or not feeling well please refrain from entering our facilities. Notify Paradise Helicopters immediately. If you are exhibiting symptoms upon check-in, you will be asked to postpone your flight.
Staff may ask to check your temperature.
Guests age 5 and older are required to wear a face mask during their time in and around Paradise Helicopter facilities.
Guests flying on a doors-off helicopter must wear a mask that fits tightly behind the ears to ensure it will not leave the aircraft during flight.
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
Children under the age of two (2) AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
Passengers weighing between 266-300 lbs (120-136 kg) will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge for Kona flights. Passengers paying the Capacity Surcharge will be guaranteed a window seat. Passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
During COVID Measures:
Any guest or staff who are not feeling well are required to stay home. If you are exhibiting symptoms upon check-in, you will be asked to postpone your flight. Staff may ask to check your temperature to ensure you are not exhibiting symptoms.
Guest age 5 years or older are required to wear a protective face mask (covering the nose and mouth) before, during and after the flight. Please let us know if you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Approximately 2.25 hours
- 6 passengers
- BELL 407 Helicopter, featuring a spacious, wide body cabin and oversized windows for an outstanding view.