Paradise Helicopters - Lava & Rainforest Adventure
Departing from Hilo Airport, this Big Island helicopter tour takes you over miles of tropical rainforest on your way to the latest volcanic activity at Kilauea volcano. See the island’s vast dried lava fields and marvel at the world’s most active volcano. On your way back to Hilo, you’ll cross the slopes of Mauna Loa and enjoy views of the Wailuku River, where several waterfalls cascade into beautiful ponds.
- Enjoy great aerial views of Hilo and the town’s surrounding rainforests and waterfalls
- Fly over Kilauea, the most active volcano in the world
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions. If a Bell 407 is being flown, seat may be forward facing or backwards facing. If a guest doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing, but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note the capacity surcharge already includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A Capacity Surcharge is required for
passengers weighing between 266 and 300 lbs (120-136 kg) at
check-in. A window seat is guaranteed with the Capacity
Surcharge. If you did not select the Capacity Surcharge and weigh
between these amounts at check-in you will still be charged directly
by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136
kg) an Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the
Extra Seat Charge and weigh over 300 lbs (136 kg) at check-in you
will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the
Note for parties of 5 or 6 people: The BELL 407 helicopter (with room for up to 6 passengers) is only available on Tuesdays. If you are a party of 5 or 6 people and would like to fly on the BELL 407, please give us a call prior to making a reservation so we can check if the helicopter is available for your tour date.
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:30 am & 1:00 pm
Afternoon: departing between 1:30 pm & 3:30 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Hilo International Airport
All guest must be one of the following:
A resident who has been on island for 14 days or had a negative covid test in the past 72 hours.
A visitor who has either quarantined for 14 days (showing an airline ticket with an arrival date 14 days prior to flight) or show their participation in the pre-testing travel program (an accepted negative test result).
If you are experiencing any symptoms such as cough, fever, abnormal fatigue, or not feeling well please refrain from entering our facilities. Notify Paradise Helicopters immediately. If you are exhibiting symptoms upon check-in, you will be asked to postpone your flight.
Staff may ask to check your temperature.
Guests age 5 and older are required to wear a face mask during their time in and around Paradise Helicopter facilities.
Guests flying on a doors-off helicopter must wear a mask that fits tightly behind the ears to ensure it will not leave the aircraft during flight.
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
Children under the age of two (2) AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
Passengers weighing between 266-300 lbs (120-136 kg) will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge for Hilo flights. Passengers paying the Capacity Surcharge will be guaranteed a window seat. Passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying an Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Approx. 45 minutes
- Either the BELL 407 Helicopter which holds 6 people or the Hughes MD500 which holds 4 people.