Paradise Helicopters - Doors Off Lava & Rainforest Adventure
This Big Island helicopter tour departing from Hilo is truly an adventure of a lifetime! Fly over Kilauea volcano with open doors! Feel the wind rushing by as you look out the door (and not a window) and enjoy excellent views and photo opportunities. This adventure is not for the faint of heart, but for the thrill seeker, there is no better way to fly!
- Fly over Kilauea volcano, the most active volcano in the world
- Doors Off flight – for the best viewing experience
- Travel Channel has called this the "hottest helicopter ride on Earth"
- Great aerial views of Hilo and the nearby rainforests and waterfalls
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions. Please note, the capacity surcharge already includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A Capacity Surcharge is required for
passengers weighing between 266 lbs and 300 lbs (120-136 kg) at
check-in. A window seat is guaranteed with the Capacity
Surcharge. If you did not select the Capacity Surcharge and weigh
between these amounts at check-in you will still be charged
directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg)
an Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the Extra
Seat Charge and weigh over 300 lbs (136 kg) at check-in you will
still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the
Kilauea Volcano Sights
Hughes MD500 Helicopter
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 8:30 am & 10:30 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:30 am & 1:30 pm
Afternoon: departing between 2:30 pm & 4:30 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Hilo International Airport
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult. Children will not be seated next to an open door.
- No children under the age of 8 years.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
Passengers weighing between 266-300 lbs (120-136 kg) will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge for Hilo flights. Passengers paying the Capacity Surcharge will be guaranteed a window seat. Passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying an Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
- Special Notes:
- Only 2 window seat upgrades available per flight.
- Operation Days:
- Approx. 45 minutes
- 4 passengers
- Hughes MD500 Helicopter
Paradise Helicopters has been a leader in helicopter safety since their founding in 1997. They actively work to identify and mitigate risk and use best practices for all operations. This includes using FAA-approved seat belts with quick releases on their flights as well as conducting specific passenger safety training prior to each flight. In the past five years, Paradise Helicopters established a robust Safety Management System and has completed the International Business Aviation Council’s Stage 2 certification. In 2016, Paradise became the first air-tour company in the world to be certified by Helicopter Association International’s Accreditation Program of Safety (HAI-APS) for Air Tour Operations.