Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Kohala Coast Adventure
December 15, 2020 to January 3, 2021
June 13, 2021 to August 21, 2021
December 13, 2021 to January 2, 2022
***You MUST call or email to make a reservation for the above dates. The rates during this season are higher
and require a reservation be made with a Hawaii Discount agent. If you
are unable to call, please email us and an agent will be happy to set
up a reservation for you.***
Departing from the Waikoloa Heliport, this Big Island helicopter tour focuses on the northern part of the island. Fly over the resort areas along the Kohala Coast and then continue on to the Kohala Mountains, home to many towering waterfalls and lush tropical valleys. Many consider this area to have the most beautiful landscapes on the island. Keep an eye out for remnants of ancient Hawaiian settlements in this area. You’ll also get the see the beautiful Pololu and Waipio valleys.
- Hotels and resorts along the Kohala Coast
- Kohala Mountains
- Towering sea cliffs and waterfalls
- Waipio and Pololu valleys
- Bose aviation-grade noise-canceling headsets
- Two-way communication between you and your Blue Hawaiian pilot
- Front Row Seating Add-on guarantees a front row seating for the guest. Please note the restrictions listed below for this add-on.
- Where and When:
- Afternoon departure (between 1:00 pm & 3:30 pm)
The exact departure time will be emailed to you with your confirmation. Departs from Waikoloa Heliport View Map
View Driving Directions
- Tour routes and sights visited may vary according to wind and weather conditions.
For each passenger weighing 250+ pounds (113 kg), an adjacent empty seat is required to safely balance the aircraft and requires an additional surcharge equal to 1/2 ticket price.
The Federal Aviation Administration requires that each each passenger is weighed prior to departure. This weigh-in process is very discrete when you check in. Any significant variance in the weights provided and actual scale weight could result in flight delays or possible cancellation.
Front Row Seating Add-on Restrictions:
Combined Front Row seat weight must be under 470 lbs and individual passenger weights must be under 260 lbs. Should the actual weights at check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and allowed a refund for the upgrade fee.
Front Row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation. NO LAP CHILDREN IN FRONT ROW. In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors. Chair lifts are can only access the rear row seats, therefore guests requiring a chair lift cannot be accommodated in the front row.
You MUST have with you:
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- 45-50 minutes
- The Eco-Star is significantly quieter than the standard A-Star touring helicopter and offers 23% more interior space and over 60 square feet of viewing glass for 180 degree unobstructed views. The Eco-Star also has individual seats for every passenger that afford the kind of shoulder room and personal space found in airline "First Class" seating. The ECO-Star is the first helicopter specifically designed for touring, utilizing the latest aircraft and avionics technologies.