Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Craters & Coffee Tour
Departing from Hilo, this is a great combo tour that includes a 70-minute helicopter tour and a 20-minute coffee tasting tour at the Ka’u Coffee Mill. Upon departure from the Hilo airport, you’ll first fly over Kilauea volcano to enjoy great aerial views of the world’s most active volcano.
You’ll then land at the Ka’u Coffee Mill, where you’ll be taken on a “seed-to-cup” walking tour through the coffee orchard, as well as the milling and roasting rooms. Sample a cup of freshly brewed coffee (several varieties are available) and enjoy some local treats, including macadamia nuts and chocolate-covered coffee beans, also known as “buzz-berries.”
The helicopter tour then continues with views of the island’s newest landscapes that were just created in the summer of 2018 when lava flows covered Kapoho Bay and the surrounding area. Enjoy spectacular views of towering sea cliffs and black sand beaches.
- Adventure includes a helicopter tour and a coffee tasting ground tour
- 70 minutes helicopter tour of Big Island volcanoes and lava landscapes
- 20-25 minute walking/coffee tasting tour
- Bose aviation-grade noise-canceling headsets
- Two-way communication between you and your Blue Hawaiian pilot
- Front Row Seating Add-on guarantees front row seating for the guest. Please note the restrictions listed below for this add-on.
- Where and When:
- The exact departure time will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Hilo Airport View Map
View Driving Directions
- Tour routes and sights visited may vary according to wind and weather conditions.
For each passenger weighing 250+ pounds (113 kg), an adjacent empty seat is required to safely balance the aircraft and requires an additional surcharge equal to 1/2 ticket price.
The Federal Aviation Administration requires that each each passenger is weighed prior to departure. This weigh-in process is very discrete when you check in. Any significant variance in the weights provided and actual scale weight could result in flight delays or possible cancellation.
Front Row Seating Add-on Restrictions:
Combined Front Row seat weight must be under 470 lbs and individual passenger weights must be under 260 lbs. Should the actual weights at check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and allowed a refund for the upgrade fee.
Front Row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation. NO LAP CHILDREN IN FRONT ROW. In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors. Chair lifts are can only access the rear row seats, therefore guests requiring a chair lift cannot be accommodated in the front row.
You MUST have with you:
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
- Operation Days:
- 1 hour and 45 minutes total tour time (70 minutes helicopter tour and 35 minutes on the ground)
- 6 passengers
- The Eco-Star is significantly quieter than the standard A-Star touring helicopter and offers 23% more interior space and over 60 square feet of viewing glass for 180 degree unobstructed views. The Eco-Star also has individual seats for every passenger that afford the kind of shoulder room and personal space found in airline "First Class" seating. The ECO-Star is the first helicopter specifically designed for touring, utilizing the latest aircraft and avionics technologies.