Big Island Air - Premier Island Tour
Departing from the Kona International Airport, this is Big Island Air’s grand tour, covering the entire Big Island. Come aboard their spacious Cessna Grand Caravan, featuring big seats with plenty of leg room. And best of all, every seat is a window seat!
The approximately 1.5-hour flight you will circle the entire island and enjoy spectacular aerial views of the Big Island’s most beautiful locations, including Kilauea volcano, tropical rainforests and waterfalls, sea cliffs, black and white sand beaches and ancient Hawaiian settlements.
- Circle island flight – see the entire island and all the top attractions
- Diversity of landscapes, from black lava fields to tropical rainforests, lush valleys and mountains
- Fully-narrated tour, including passenger headsets
- Cessna Grand Caravan EX
- Aircraft was originally configured for 13 passengers, but Big Island Air has adopted a 9-passenger configuration to ensure everyone has their own window for viewing as well as ample room
- Every seat is a window seat
- Aircraft is air-conditioned for your comfort
- BIG SEATS with lots of leg room
- High wing aircraft for excellent viewing
Big Island Air has the most experienced flight crew in the state of Hawaii. Their pilots are trained at the prestigious Flight Safety International School, in addition to their already impressive and extensive flight histories, which include commercial, military and airline transport pilot ratings. Big Island Air's Director of Operations and the Chief Pilot alone have more than 22,000 hours of flight time between them.
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 7:00 am & 9:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:30 am & 2:00 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Check-in is 30 minutes prior to departure. Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
Parking in the area is metered. Rates are subject to change, but 3 hours is usually around $9.00.
- Weight limit per passenger is 250 lbs (113 kg).
If a seat is not available at time of check-in, the passenger may be denied boarding due to the weight & balance of the aircraft and WILL NOT be eligible for a refund.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Infants (0-23 months) may ride for free sitting on a parent's lap. If they require their own seat, the full price will be charged. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
This tour is not suggested for cruise ship passengers.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
- 1 hour and 40 minutes
- 9 passengers
- Cessna Grand Caravan EX - turbine-engine, jet prop airplane
Features a window seat for each guest, ample leg and head room, air conditioning, and high wing design.